Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Hall of Fame plans a Magical Mystery Tour

  • The Basketball Hall of Fame will embark on a Magical Mystery Tour
  • From the Publish or Parrish desk, a look at Clemson, still reeling from their 17-0 (false) start. Play fewer cupcakes Clemson and perhaps you won't have such an epic meltdown this time around :)
  • Dick Hoops Weiss has the scoop on the new DoBO at St Johns, Rutgers 2007-2008 schedule, and a heads-up on the newest installment of the magazine show "Inside the Big East". DoBO for those wondering = Director of Basketball Operations. But wait there's more from Weiss: St Johns has announced their 07-08 schedule as well
  • A feel good AP story on Ole Roy and Dean Smith. Ole Roy will be enshrined in the basketball hall of fame tomorrow (Friday). The ceremony can be seen on ESPN Classic and NBA-TV, with repeats on NBA-TV and later on ESPN2. I am boycotting ESPNU tv listings unless ESPN and Comcast reach an agreement to carry the network. To borrow a Jim Rome Jungle phrase, if you want ESPNU, bang your monkey!
  • College hoops updates with emphasis on the Mountain West and San Diego State at March To Madness. Included is the SDSU's conference schedule for 2007-2008 with TV coverage. Thanks to CSTV/The Mtn every game will be televised in MWC areas.
  • More Colonial updates at CAA Hoops. I'm sure Jim Calhoun enjoys reading that site ;-)
  • The Fighting Digger Phelps's have gotten a Top 40 ranking in the Rivals preseason Top 64. And highly respected Bob McKillop at Davidson gets a top 40 ranking as well. Having high scoring Stephen Curry certainly helps. Insert something about the apple and the apple tree here :)
  • Another Bob, McClelland of Rivals writes about Ron Steele and DeMarre Carroll
  • Tired of reading about athletes getting in trouble or doing stupid things or torturing animals for their amusement? You have an alternative: Good News in Sports! covers positive and inspirational stories from the world of sports.
  • The 144 previews at CHN continue with Holy Cross, Western Michigan and Bob Knight Tech (aka Texas Tech). I doubt Bob Knight is high tech. Imagine what would happen if Knight's Windows computer blue-screens! The computer will fly out of the ...Windows :)
  • More coverage from CHN (College Hoops Net): A daily blog from Shawn Siegel and March Madness All Season. Siegel won't yet reveal CHN's preseason #1 but has a list of candidates.
  • Don't miss our Gigantic 2007-2008 preview of links. Links to previews from websites and blogs! If you have a preview or if your favorite websites are not listed there, please let me know and I'll add them.
  • Another must read blog is the the Zags blog by Adam Zagoria, not to be confused with Gonzaga Zags. But if you are looking for Gonzaga Zags, check La rev. Among other things, there's a hillbilly reference.
  • Last but not least, Dick Vitale reveals his 2007-2008 Top 40 teams. It's awesome baby! I'm unbelievable baby! I'm loud and obnoxious baby! And I'm fair and balanced baby, I didn't rank Duke in the top 11! I preach moral values but I can't keep my hands off cheerleaders not half, but a third my age! Buy my books baby! Book me for your next corporate event baby! I eat breakfast at the Broken Egg baby! ;-)

  • 3 comments:

    ncaahoops said...

    What? No, I was merely referring to this post! I am assuming you are joking though?

    La Rev said...

    Haha! Of course I am. Sometimes sarcasm sounds better in my head than it does in print.

    ncaahoops said...

    LOL! You got me :)

    Latest posts

    Latest from Recruiting Wars