Monday, December 10, 2007

My vote for Week #5 of the Blog Poll is in!

My vote for Week #5 of the Blog Poll is in! You can see it this Google Spreadsheet (opens right in browser): Week 5 of the Blog Poll.

North Carolina won the coin toss at #1, with Memphis #2. Georgetown sneaked in at #3 based on talent/toughness/style of play. Texas earned the #4 spot based on their record, although I have questions on their three-guard rotation, and the difficulties run and gun teams face when they have to slow down (but Texas did manage to hold off UCLA's slugfest comeback).

Duke, Kansas and UCLA were a toss-up for the #5 spot, with Wazzu following at #8. They are a team in the true sense of the word, but I need them to beat top 25 teams before I put them in the top 5.

Indiana impressed me playing without their top three guards/wings (no Eric Gordon even), so they jump all the way to the top 10.

Izzo State earned a higher ranking from me thanks to their win at BYU. That was an important win to "win me over".

Tennessee collapsed in my eyes, and the only reason they are in the top 25 is because I couldn't find two more teams to replace them. They have not played like the team they were supposed to be, and they haven't exactly played a tough schedule either.

Arizona on the other hand is winning me over again after a third tough game in a row (Kansas, Texas A&M, Illinois). With the Lute situation not being an unknown anymore and Kevin O'Neill enforcing, they may actually start playing to their talent/potential.

Louisville is #16 because I didn't know Derrick Caracter was suspended when I voted. Had I known they would be Caracter-less again, I would have dropped them down down down, even out.

The last six teams were really a toss-up, if I was picking again, I would probably have them in a totally different order.

Last in was Rhode with their 10-pack of Ws! Viva Atlantic Tenteen (10 + 14)

Receiving consideration: Gonzaga, George Mason, Dayton, Providence, Arkansas, UMass, and a couple more

They have to earn it the hard way: Clemson and Pitt have a history of pretty Novembers and mediocrity in conference play. Same coaches, similar players, similar schedules. They have to earn a top 25 from me the hard way: By beating Top 25 teams :)

No comments:

Latest posts

Latest from Recruiting Wars