Friday, January 26, 2007

The Truthiness RPI!

This is a brand new RPI derivative rating system that I came up with while watching paint dry.

It has two components:
1) The RPI raw data, as of right now, from KenPom's website. Thanks to KenPom's RPI for making it available to everyone on the net.
2) The second component is the Truthiness co-efficient. Truthiness is defined at this link The "Truthiness co-efficient" is a rating (not a ranking) from 1 to 25 that I give each team based on how good I think they are, regardless of their RPI, SOS, wins and losses and talent level. 25 is the highest score a team can get, and 1 is the lowest (a below average team). (No, I did not give Duke a 1) :-)

The "Truthiness RPI" is derived by multiplying the raw RPI number of each team with the "Truthiness co-efficient". Then the results are sorted based on the highest raw scores. For the first edition I am only looking at the Top 30 RPI teams. I may expand this in the future...

So here it is, the first Truthiness-RPI!. The results have surprised me too, and I was the one doing the rating :-)

1. North Carolina
2. Florida
3. UCLA
4. Wisconsin
5. Kansas
6. Arizona
7. Ohio State
8. Pitt
9. Duke
10. Kentucky
11. Oklahoma State
12. Memphis
13. Oregon
14. Butler
15. Air Force
16. Texas Tech
17. Marquette
18. Tennessee
19. Texas A&M
20. Washington State
21. Southern Illinois
22. UNLV
23. Clemson
24. Villanova
25. Virgina Tech

Comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback???

No comments:

Latest posts

Latest from Recruiting Wars